Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Family Time

This weekend we gathered for the annual White reunion...a total of 35 of us were in attendance. All attended except my niece MaryBeth and her husband and daughter. My oldest brother Scott and his wife Jenny have been gracious enough to host this event ever since Mom and Dad sold the farm in Indiana. We have a blast at Scott's place. He built his house on land that contains an old strip mine lake. The water is deep, clear and very clean. It is a lake but seems different that most lakes. The kids look forward to this every year as they swim, fish, eat, swim, fish, eat, etc! This year my brother added a super high dive which Mason was brave enough to go off. Logan stuck to the regular high dive which is high enough! Logan mastered doing back flips off the swing. He is one determined guy but Scott coached him through it. It is a great time to catch up with my siblings and to see our parents. It has been a while to see my dad so this year was extra special as he ventured north of the Mason-Dixon line. The kids were excited to see my mom and if they were taller than her. Of course my mom is shorter than me so it doesn't take much. Sorry mom:) My brother Jerry from Wisconsin decided at the last minute to come so he showed up Saturday afternoon. It has been several years since we have seen them so it was great to catch up and see how his children have grown. My niece Erica and her husband Harold had a beautiful baby in May so we all got to meet Conrad and of course fight over who's turn it was to hold him. Ted keeps telling me we are not having a baby, but oh are they cute!
Jessica and Emily
My wonderful sisters...Karen and Caroline

My brother Scott with his grandson Conrad
Meghan and Allyson...two of my nieces
Emily helping her cousin Meghan with a worm
Logan doing his backflip
Fishing time
Just floating around
My brother who built the super high dive is yet to try it out...a little nervous I think
My mom with Conrad
Scott with his helicopter kit

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Does this mean you went from Jennifer White to Jennifer Green?? That's what I'm thinking since you said it was the White family reunion. How funny!
Love the blog and so far you have things to blog about! I'll see you this week.