Monday, July 20, 2009

A little roadtrip

This past week we took a quick trip to visit my sister Caroline and her family near Cincinnati Ohio and Kings Island Amusement Park. The kids have never been to an amusement park...yes Mason is now 13 years old, such bad parents we are. There probably is some unwritten law of parenting that we have surely broken. But now they have and they really had fun. The boys especially loved it. I don't think there was a big ride that they didn't ride. Emily and I chose to stay mostly in "kiddie land." The great thing about visiting Kings Island and my sister in one trip was the fact that we got to visit with them and my niece Sarah and nephew Seth have season passes so they went with us and were our tour guides. My niece talked me into going onto a roller coaster, one of the smaller ones. It was tolerable with my eyes closes. I am not a fan of roller coasters! I was content to ride the swings and scrambler. The second day we went to the water park despite some cooler temperatures. I was fun but could have been lots better had the weather been warmer. So much for global warming.

Emily cooling off in the mist
Bumper car time
Seth and Logan
Mason waiting while we rode the carousel...was he afraid??
View of the son of the beast ride which is not operating now...a very large wooden coaster

Ted and Mason waiting for the Drop Tower to start


1 comment:

Jen Kumar said...

Too bad you missed the amusement parks near to Chennai. I did not go, but would be curious to know how they compare to American ones...

Glad you enjoyed!!