Thursday, February 18, 2010

An eagle

It appears that a Bald Eagle has moved into the neighborhood~wow! Ted said he saw one last week after a big snow storm had moved through. Yesterday on my way to photography class I saw it in a field eating something. I was thrilled that I had my camera and my zoom lens. I quickly pulled over to the side of the road and started shooting him (with my camera of course). I was amazed at how huge this giant bird was. I was able to see him carry the carcass of the animal with his powerful talons. He then got spooked and flew off into a nearby tree. I was thrilled to be able to get photos of him the bad news is that they aren't very good. Because I was fully zoomed out I really needed a tripod to stabilize the lens. Today I headed down the road with camera and tripod and he was in the tree! The minute I got out and started setting up my tripod he flew to another group of trees. I am hoping he'll be hanging around for a while so I can attempt to get some better photos.

No comments: