Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A new decade

I just recently celebrated (three times!) entering a new decade...gulp. I thought it would hit me hard but I have decided that it is only a number. What a great time I had, not only once but three times. A few friends had talked with Ted about planning a surprise party for me, but he was worried about keeping it from me. So they planned it and then he told me about it. Quite a few of us celebrated at Alexander's Steakhouse (yummy) for a great dinner with fine food and wonderful conversation. Then on my actual birthday I thought I was just meeting a couple of girls for lunch and a few more surprised me! How fun! Then for my birthday Ted baked me a delicious German chocolate cake and we grilled out. Ted and the kids gave me a Wii for my birthday, what a fun gift for someone turning 40! I guess I am embracing my youth:)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ted baked you a cake? I am impressed! Glad you had fun celebrations. It is just a number as I will remind myself as well - in a few years! Ha ha :)