Sunday, September 20, 2009

Almost Autumn

Emily is quite excited that tomorrow is the first official day of autumn which means her birthday is in a few more days! I must say fall time is a beautiful time of the year...but so is winter, spring and summer! I love winter especially after a good snow when there are no tracks in the snow, everything is so clean and crisp. But I also like spring, seeing the plants come back to life. Summer is great especially on a nice warm day when you can sit outside and read a good book. Fall is an amazing time. After the heat of the summer (although not this summer) crisp cool days are so refreshing. Seeing the leaves change turn into brilliant shades is wonderful as well as watching the crops being harvested. We saw a corn field that had been harvested yesterday. I think living in India for the time we did makes us appreciate the beauty of our part of the world. I don't ever remember thinking how beautiful corn fields can be! I wanted to share some photos of our neighbor's pond that I took the other morning. It was so pretty, the morning fog with the reflection of changing leaves...autumn is approaching.

No comments: